Sunday, October 28, 2007

Research Paper Topic

Hey, sorry this is so late. Crazy weekend. So much to do, so little time. Anyway, for my research topic I would like to do Women in Sports. As you could tell by my last few posts, I'm very interested in sports. I was thinking about doing my paper on how women are viewed and treated by the media, audience, and other athletes in the sports world. I thought maybe I could use either Martina Navratilova and/or Billie Jean King as my primary object(s) of study. For those of you who don't know, they are two of the best female tennis players ever, and they have both written autobiographies. Let me know what you think.

-Bun

1 comment:

Tory said...

Hi! Okay so I've seen a short documentary on Bille Jean King so I kind of know where your headed (although I really am partial to Steffi Graf) I would definetely use the lens of gender, just because I think your right that women are viewed differently than men in the sports world. I might also use historical lens-for King you could look at women's rights during the 1970's and for Navratilova maybe how women's sports dramatically changed during the course of her career (1970's to today) For the history I would use either academic search premiere or proquest. The only thing I would warn you about is that a lot of the articles I found were based on the fact that they are both gay, and I might talk with the librarian about how to maybe get around that when your searching? Here is an article I found on proquest...hope it helps!!

http://proxygw.wrlc.org/login?url=http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?did=115853305&sid=2&Fmt=10&clientId=31812&RQT=309&VName=HNP